04 September 2008

Something about shipping

Desert Bandanna Stuff


The final art proof is in my hands and I approved it's printing today. Delivery date I hope before 20 Sept.

You can always check here for the latest information on weird things like actually buying more than one or having it sent overseas or even to Canada or Mexico. This is one of those DIY web sites projects and that also means DIY integrating with Paypal and the post office. Which means learning a lot of stuff I don't know anything about coupled with the inability of Paypal to do what I actually want to do vis-a-vis shipping rates.

Here's how it's supposed to work. Priority mail 2-3 day delivery for a flat rate. Off the top of my head, $4.80US, $9.85US Canada, Mexico, and ~$13.00US everywhere else. Add in 40.65US for tracking. This covers a 4lb(<2kg) If you're confused or have any questions please feel free to email me and we can arrange something with payment through Paypal.

FAQ I suppose these shall be the first ones answered.

  • How well does the printing hold up; does it wash off? There are Desert Bandannas ten years old that are still readable.
  • How do I care for my bandanna? The Desert Bandanna is machine and river washable.
  • Is it Bandanna or Bandana. The Merriam-Webster (US) and the Concise Oxford (UK) dictionaries say both spellings are correct.



  • RANT: I remember as a teen all of the popular SciFi depicting two kinds of worlds. One where no one had any pockets in their clothes. No way to carry stuff. Everything was clean, neat, pretty and at their command, sort of like Star Trek. I guess this represented the 21st Century as seen from the early sixties. The other world is one seen frm the 70's. One of pockets and dirt where everything you need is carried with you. In the pulp fiction of the that time this included rayguns and light sabers, an assortment of futuristic tools,and credit crystals which are akin to todays swipe and gripe cards and the ever present and required ID card. This is more reminicesnt of a utilitarian world like Star Wars or Blade Runner. A place where we have to be prepared for whatever. A place where if you don't wear a badge saying who you are then you are nobody. In the late 70s there was a saying, "If you don't get an education you'll wind up wearing your name on badge at McDonalds" In buying new uniforms for the upcoming tour season I found my self with a pair of pants having ten pockets and a shirt having five along with a place for my name badge. What does that say? Do we all now work at McDonalds?

    Uncorrected. That means I didn't spell check or grammar check it.

    No comments: