30 September 2008

I made some who watch Spike TV and Ultimate Fighting very angry over the death of their hero Evan Tanner (see my last post) . I was at the local pub with a friend for a pint and the discussion turned to Evan Tanner's demise in the Palo Verde Mountain area. I was accused of being cold and heartless with my views towards Mr. Tanners untimely demise in the desert where he could have been easily rescued. Very well, since you demand an apology you shall have it.

I apologize if I upset your attitudes towards fear and death. I apologize if the thought of Evan Tanner answering a challenge and dying for his efforts is more than you can cope with. I am saddened by every death in the desert whether it was done by accident, incident or stupidity. Yet it is the latter, stupidity, that seems to be the cause of most fatalities followed by a lack of common sense and thought. So instead of reviling me for his death take a lesson from it. Be a part of what happens here and never challenge the desert.

Look for the adventure, not the challenge.

No comments: